Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring break and Baseball!

Hey Yall, sorry I haven't updated in a while, it's just that my life has been so busy (you know, TV, track, caring for my loving possi farm, the usual) that I really just tried to avoid the computer and put this off as long as possible, and I think I was pretty successful, considering this post is about a week late.......... Don't get my wrong, I love writing (or for all the logical people out there TYPING) on my blog but so much keeps happening It's hard to keep up! I mean if I told you about everything in my life I would be sitting here forever! Oh......wait.............what was this post about... OH YEAH BASEBALL!!!!!! OK so last Sunday my daddy took my lovely (but not really lovely) sister Kennedy and I to a spring training game! It took a while to get over there (because it's in the really ghetto part of the city, I saw some of my friends (like Carlos, Juan, Sergio, oh and my main man BOB!) Ha ha ha Just kidding, but seriously............ The stadium is really nice, not at all a stadium that would would expect to find down there, but alas it was, and wasn't going to be moved anytime soon! To bad for all the baseball loving rich people! When we got into the stadium the first thing that hit me was a strong yearning for KETTLE CORN! For all of the people who don't have lives and Have never seen or even tasted kettle corn before (you poor, poor people) Kettle corn is the food of the gods, which explains why I love it, me being a 5'4 beach god in all, we gotta eat the right food to maintain all of our awesomeness. So of course my daddy goes and buys my sister and I soft pretzels (which really weren't soft at all) I went and got some KETTLE CORN! By the time I brought it back to them, the bag was already half gone (sorry but a god has got to eat!) And it didn't take long for my sister and daddy to devour the bag either, I take a second for myself to blink and what do you know, IT'S GONE! After eating all that kettle corn I decided to work on my beach god tan (common, you didn't think we have natural tans did you? Stupid blockbuster creating those stereotypes!) and basically lathered myself in sunscreen! (If you've ever gone swimming with me you know that I usually come back paler than before, but nobody ever gives you an exact amount to put on so I just kinda estimate.... which would explain why I'm such a terrible baker...) But after a while in the sun, all you really want is an ice cold LEMONADE (just like grandma makes!) So Kennedy and I went and got FROZEN LEMONADE! And man is that stuff good, who needs baseball when you've got yourself a big old cup of lemonade (in frozen form) And you may be asking, When is Maddie going to talk about the game? Why is she only talking about food and Sunscreen? Why is her favorite color clear? Well, those are all some mighty fine questions! I'm so proud to have such intelligent blog readers! And since your all so smart, you probably don't want a long explanation to all those questions so I'll just skip to the pictures!
Kennedy and I behind the Field!
The pretty Field!
Me and my daddy!

Kennedy and I eating our frozen lemonade
(and Yes kennedy did Dye her hair, if anyone noticed)
Ok well that's pretty much It, I hpoe yall have a lovley dovely SATURDAY!

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Glad you had fun at the Spring training game....that's nice! Those snacks sound so good and It's totally making me crave kettle corn right now :)
Love the pics!
Love,
Aunt Jen