Friday, November 5, 2010

AWARENESS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He he he to all the huffing hippos in the zoo cage sea! Well to today tis Friday, a grand day of the week! Actually, it was pretty incredible if y'all ask me. Today was my pod's awareness day :) It's this magical day when my fellow classmates and I get together and talk about our feelings. Now normally I only have one feeling, a feeling I feel is universal........... happiness. Well apparently I'm the only one who feels this way because everyone is so sad and depressed on the inside! It just breaks my little Maddie heart! Lots of kids that I've known forever, am really close with, or kids I barely knew before today are so much more than I think they are and I was shocked to know what some of them go through.
It really opened my eyes and made me see how lucky i am to not have the worries or be in the situations of my peers. (normally) I try to keep my blog as happy and entertaining as possible and keep the writing a bit childish but I'm serious about how amazing today was. Kids in my small group actually feel like my family now and have given me a whole new appreciation for my home life, my friends, and my family who treat me right, respect me, and give me the love and support I need.

Sitting there in group today I see how truly lucky I am because a lot of kids don't have what I have and it absolutely kills me to know that. In fact, the cool thing is that after we finished up and went back to our classrooms, kids treated each other differently. People were talking to people they didn't normally talk to, a lot of people were nicer to one and other and everyone seemed like they walked away with something. I know I had made at least 2 new friends. It was probably one of the most touching experiences of my life, and I will never forget how incredible it was, and what it taught me. So with that I say...........Much Much Much Much Maddie Love, Maddie :)

(ps. you should all be very proud that I learned how to use paragraphs! :) )

1 comment:

*Lici* said...

Ahaha! That day was really fun! I wish I would have had the same experience you did! I just met a cool Mormon kid! haha But I did indeed have fun:)

So happy you can use paragraphs:)