Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I TOE-TAL-E FORGOT!

Ok well many of you know how My dad, sister, and I always destroy our front yard and do something insane with it for the holidays?! Well this was Christmas was NO EXCEPTION!!!!! This year we decided to build an igloo in the front yard, the igloo was going to be made of white boxes and we were going to have Santa inside it while a penguin fished outside the igloo! day 1 started with the boxes................. I HATE THOSE DANG BOXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dad bought us about 100 small boxes which we had to put together, and (because they weren't ALREADY WHITE) we had to paint them! Now imagine this, Me and my dad in the garage, painting boxes with paint rollers at 8 in the morning (and i know what your thinking........... HOW FUN!!!!!!!!) I can tell you one thing IT WAS NOT FUN!!!! You should have seen me drop to my knees when i saw the last box painted!!!!! It was a total "we are the champions" moment! Anyways, after that we had to CONSTRUCT THE IGLOO! Lets just say we went to Lowes about 6 times and I have now memorized the contents of Isles 1-9 like the back of my hand! It took about an hour to construct it and lets just say we used a lot of bailing wire and duct tape! After it was up and in good standing we covered it in LED lights and even put a TV in it! (and no, the TV has not yet been stolen! (notice I said yet) Day 2 was spent making the North pole and and putting up lights and all of that oh so fun stuff!!!!! It took yet another day but in the end this is what we came up with!PEACE,EDWELLA,LOVE,AND SMILEYS =D =) =P =l
Here is the HAND PAINTED igloo!



Oh no! That evil snowman buried his friend!

The whole house!

Here is the TV inside the igloo! (and yet is does have cable)

The fishing penguin!

The chair inside the igloo..........

The house at night, DON'T IT LOOK PURDY?! (me sounding like lary the cable guy)
Ok well that's pretty much it! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1 comment:

*Lici* said...

I love that dang igloo!!!! OMG you used our toe tally thang!!!!! heheh funny stuff! thats another one of our inside jokes!!!! o good times